Father’s Day always gets me thinking about the important men in my life. I have been blessed with an amazing dad and should probably be writing about him (sorry Dad!), but today I’ve decided to highlight the father of my children: My amazing husband.
Here, in no particular order (except maybe the first one since that was my number one criteria when choosing a mate), are
52 Reasons I’m Happy I Married My Husband
- He shares my faith.
- He makes me laugh.
- He’s an amazing provider.
- Sometimes he acts like a kid and is all mischievous and fun.
- But he can be serious and adult-like when the situation calls for it.
- Mess with our kids and you mess with him.
- You don’t want to mess with him.
- I can’t stand tank tops on guys. He doesn’t wear them.
- And he doesn’t wear jean shorts… I don’t like those either.
- Ditto to v-neck shirts.
- He puts up with my weird clothing pet peeves.
- He doesn’t take longer than me to get ready in the morning (and I don’t take very long).
- I could never marry a guy who spent more time on his hair than I do.
- He loves to cuddle our kiddos.
- He can cook.
- He is immensely patient with our kids, especially when my patience has run out.
- He is my perfect compliment in many areas. For example, he’s business-minded and I am not; he handles conflict well while I avoid it at all costs.
- He beatboxes for the kids (don’t tell him I told you).
- He changes his facial hair up from time to time: clean shaven, goatee, full beard.
- Whatever the facial hair situation, he keeps it well-trimmed.
- He’s never done just a mustache.
- When I mention something that’s bothering me, he actively works to change it.
- Every day, he tells Annelise that she’s beautiful.
- She’s already got him wrapped around her tiny little finger.
- I can leave him with the kids, even over night, and I don’t worry about them for a second.
- He has a low tolerance for drama.
- Ditto for whining.
- He constantly tells the kids he’s proud of them.
- He’d love to buy a few new ‘toys’, but always puts his family’s wants and needs above his own.
- He’s the encouraging catalyst behind me pursuing my dream of writing.
- He teases me.
- He is abundantly generous.
- He handles puke a million times better than I do.
- He is kind.
- Babies and old ladies love him. I’m pretty sure those two groups are the best judges of character there are.
- He’s a good judge of character too.
- One of his best friends is my dad. I think that’s pretty rare and completely awesome.
- He wants to cuddle with me, even after rolling into a puddle of my drool. Yes, that really happened. Aren’t you glad you’re not my husband?
- He tells me to buy new clothes for myself!
- He’s a total softie when it comes to our kids, but when he has to speak to them, they know he means business.
- He’s forgiving.
- He’s willing to ask for forgiveness.
- He has a cute butt.
- Once he sent me a picture of himself in what we dubbed ‘the body condom’ (a plastic, hooded union suit) that he put on while gutting a moose just because he knew I would think it was hilarious. I would post the picture, but then I’d probably have to write a post entitled “52 Reasons I’m Sad My Husband Moved Out”.
- He tells the best bedtime stories.
- He has lots of medical knowledge, which is helpful when you have three kids.
- He’s right 99% of the time, which is actually kind of infuriating, but reassuring at the same time, if that makes any sense.
- He plays with the kids.
- He was a bachelor for a while before we met, so he knows how to take care of himself.
- He never complains about dinner, even when we’re eating noodles and sauce for the 18th time in a month.
- He’s manly without being obnoxious.
- He loves me, even on the days when I can’t for the life of me figure out why.
Happy Father’s Day, Eric. You are my perfect match and a better dad to our kids than I could ever have imagined.
Ugh. I’m so jealous right now. You made the best choice and I wish you both all the love! 🙂
I got a good one 🙂