School vacation is almost upon us. A lot of parents have mixed feelings about vacations, feeling excitement over some aspects of their kids being home and dread over others.
I’m not a fan of dwelling on the negative, so here’s a list of awesome things about school vacation. Hopefully it puts you in the right frame of mind to totally rock this time with your kids! (And yes, I know some of these might not apply to your situation. Just take the ones that do and feel free to add your own in the comments.)
Top Ten Reasons to Get Excited About School Vacation
10. Fewer organized events means less running around.
9. No homework! (Because homework for the kids means homework for you too).
8. You won’t have to feel guilty about doing something fun with the younger ones while the older ones are at school.
7. You don’t have to force the kids to get up and dressed first thing in the morning.
6. You don’t have to get up and dressed first thing in the morning.
5. There won’t be massive quantities of school papers to
throw away sort through every afternoon.
4. Pajamas. All day.
3. No drop-offs or pick-ups.
2. No lunches to pack! I dislike this job so much, it almost took the #1 spot, but that seemed kind of heartless because…
THE NUMBER 1 REASON TO GET EXCITED ABOUT SCHOOL VACATION IS:
1. More time with your kids!!!
Have a great vacation everyone!
Tove Stakkestad says
Lunches – I totally agree – they almost deserve the # 1 spot! I beg my kids to buy caferia food a few times a week… ha ha ha – such a great mom-move on my part! I hope you have an awesome Christmas break!
My son has been begging me to get the school lunch every now and then (on pizza day, haha). I’m all for it! Have a wonderful break!!
I like this, looking on the bright side of things! No kiddos here, but I’m looking forward to a few days off with my fiance where I won’t have to hear his alarm go off a million times 🙂
My husband has this week off too, so no alarm will be nice (although I usually get up before him anyway… haha).
Susan K. Stewart says
Interesting list — nine of the ten are reasons we homeschooled. : )
Homeschooling definitely has it’s advantages 🙂
I am so excited too! Three kids at three different schools, I am ready to stay home and relax, well can’t really relax with four kids, but I seriously do t want to drive the entire break! Hope you have a great break too!
Wow, that’s a lot of running around! Enjoy your vacation 🙂
I like it because there is no traffic when I go to work 🙂
Good call! My hubby can leave later and not get stuck behind a bus!!
These are all good reasons to like Christmas vacation! Ours started yesterday and I really enjoyed sleeping in this morning. The only thing I’m not wild about on vacation is sibling rivalry! 🙂
Totally agree! That’s my least favorite part too.
I am excited for no homework.
But man, will I miss my quiet…
I don’t know this word…. what’s ‘quiet’?? 😉