School vacation is almost upon us. A lot of parents have mixed feelings about vacations, feeling excitement over some aspects of their kids being home and dread over others.
I’m not a fan of dwelling on the negative, so here’s a list of awesome things about school vacation. Hopefully it puts you in the right frame of mind to totally rock this time with your kids! (And yes, I know some of these might not apply to your situation. Just take the ones that do and feel free to add your own in the comments.)
Top Ten Reasons to Get Excited About School Vacation
10. Fewer organized events means less running around.
9. No homework! (Because homework for the kids means homework for you too).
8. You won’t have to feel guilty about doing something fun with the younger ones while the older ones are at school.
7. You don’t have to force the kids to get up and dressed first thing in the morning.
6. You don’t have to get up and dressed first thing in the morning.
5. There won’t be massive quantities of school papers to
throw away sort through every afternoon.
4. Pajamas. All day.
3. No drop-offs or pick-ups.
2. No lunches to pack! I dislike this job so much, it almost took the #1 spot, but that seemed kind of heartless because…
THE NUMBER 1 REASON TO GET EXCITED ABOUT SCHOOL VACATION IS:
1. More time with your kids!!!
Have a great vacation everyone!